Thursday, March 22, 2007

spring knitting

As if I don't have enough in the knitting queue already, it's time to get crackin' on the spring knits! Ok, so organized, conscientious knitters have been crackin' on their spring knits for quite some time, now, since it's actually time to start wearing your spring knits, but I have a tendency to be perpetually late to the party. I picked up the Spring 2007 Interweave Knits a couple weeks ago, and I think the Ruffled Surplice on the cover is just so pretty. Yesterday I ordered some Rowan Cotton Rope (on sale at Webs) in "lemonade." I know it's a gamble ordering yarn online, and I have been disappointed by colors in the past, so this time I looked at the Cotton Rope colors on every website I could find. The "lemonade" varied from Big Bird yellow to pale pastels, so I'm hoping for something in between. What I'd really like is a light, springy, kind of acidic, retro shade of yellow. If you know that's NOT what I'm getting, don't tell me yet. I'm currently using sheer force of will to MAKE it that color when it arrives on my doorstep.


Here's the status of the Other Projects:

- The EZ baby sweater is almost ready to block. I will definitely beat the baby to the finish line on this one!
- The body of the lace hoodie is finished. It needs sleeves and a hood and this should be a good project to take to knitting club, since I have the pattern memorized.
- The Ms. Oni Opera Gloves have been moved to the back burner. I've made some more progress on them, but they'll be a good summer project, on those lazy days in mid-July when you want to knit, but don't want to have a giant pile of wool in your lap. And they're knitting up so darn quick, I doubt they'll be in the bottom of the knitting basket for long.
- I ripped out most of the Kristin Nicholas pillow. I decided that the main fair isle motif was a little too Southwestern for my taste and selected another pattern from this website, which I suggest you all bookmark immediately. (Unless you already have. Like I said, perpetually late to the party.)
- Lucy in the Sky and Jaywalkers? Um...what Lucy in the Sky and Jaywalkers?

I finally get to give the Child's Placket-Neck Pullover to the new mommy this weekend! I know it's wrong, but I really want to win this baby shower.

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

isn't that website the best! I love just browsing thru her patterns she has listed.

fingers crossed the yarn is the right color - it's so hard when you see all different pictures of the color on line.....that sweater is so pretty - perfect spring knit!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Man, that is an awesome website. I want to start to embroider, and she has some nice patterns for that as well.

Looking forward to seeing the lace hoodie!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I always find it hard to think about spring knitting when it's still 20 degrees at best outside. The projects are going great, and the baby sweater is wonderful!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to make Ruffled Surplice for awhile now, but not really sure how it will look on. So I can’t wait to see the finished project.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Nichole said...

I'll tell you a secret. Even though WEBS specifically states on their website that they do not do refunds or exchanges on sale items, I know for a fact if you call them and tell them you hate the color and would really pretty please like to exchange it for another, they will.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

With a cute little sweater like that how could you NOT win the baby shower?!? I love the color.

Good luck with the yellow Rowan yarn.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, don't give up on those gloves for too long! kate was nice enough to send me the pattern along my way and i'm gonna cast on for them tonight.

and also, the EZ sweater is too adorable! i can't stand it, the cuteness!

7:57 PM  
Blogger katarinaw said...

I know what you mean about being late to the party! I intend to remedy that this year! Tonight I will cast on for a spring/summer top, that is hopefully quick and easy, which means I might actually be able to wear it THIS spring/summer! The Ruffled Surpluce is very cute, I'm looking forward to following your progress!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home