Thursday, March 01, 2007

what's one more?

Since my Works in Progress list is currently a mile long...I started something new! But it's something I've been meaning to start since December. After much harassment and badgering and begging and other unbecoming behavior on my part, Kate gave me her original Ms. Oni opera glove pattern! I wanted to start right away, and was searching around for self-striping yarns, but Kate convinced me that I really, really MUST use Yarntini. Since Yarntini is such a commodity, I had to wait. But I received my yarn last week and Kate was right, the yarn is incredibly soft and the striping is fantastic and the colors are unique and vibrant. I fully intended to use a different colorway, but Kate (of course!) picked the best one. Kate and her darned good taste.

I'm up to the arm hole shaping on the lace hoodie! Actually, I reached that point a week or so ago, but I put it down because I'm not quite sure if there are any modifications I need to make in the pattern. I eliminated one pattern repeat in the body and I'm knitting in the round. If I follow the shaping for the armhole and eliminate a pattern repeat when I knit the sleeve, will all even out? That's probably what I'm going to try unless someone points out why I'm headed for disaster.

The zipper is gradually being installed in the zip-up hoodie. It's a chore. I should just power through and be done with it already, but it's no fun. So I procrastinate. The only thing that made me feel any better about it was this sympathetic item that I received in the mail today:


Accompanied by this note:


It's probably the kindest, weirdest, most thoughtful piece of mail I've ever received.
Only Erin...

7 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

oooh, opera gloves made out of yarntini?! those are gonna be sweet.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

the gloves are great! today I could use them - about 0 degrees out! they are going to be amazing!!!!

zippers are pure evil, but, in my opinion are better than button up cardi's....

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! When I saw the picture, I thought that was a LMKG Chevron Scarf--but those gloves are so much cooler! They look beautiful already!

10:48 AM  
Blogger erin michelle said...

jenna you're so cute. QUICK WHILE KATE'S NOT LOOKING SEND OVER THE MS. ONI PATTERN ON IOWA-WAY. i think they are koigu-worthy. i'm obsessed by the chevrons. and your face. love, erin.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Siow Chin said...

Oh I love yarntini yarn, wish I could get more...

8:12 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

That yarn is scrumptious. Can't wait to see all these FOs!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

lookin' good girlie! hurry up and finish and we can both wear 'em to chicks!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home