Tuesday, January 27, 2009

the babies are coming!

Everyone I know is pregnant. Everyone. Ok, not everyone, but I know 4 babies that are arriving this spring, all within weeks of each other! Seem like a lot of babies to me.

The best part is, one of these babies is going to be my first niece or nephew---I'm going to be an aunt! I'm reallyreallyreally excited. (reallyreallyreallyreally...) Of course I'm going to knit for the little peanut, but I kinda can't help shopping in the meantime.


Yes, I bought my niecephew a Small Bird onesie. Turns out, they'll print anything you want on a onesie. With options like that, my sister and brother-in-law are lucky that my business logo is the only thing I tried to put on their kid! (For now.) And my sister loved it. And this is why I love my sister. Because I can cheapen the miracle of life by attempting to turn her firstborn child into a living business card and she thinks it's as funny as I do. ;) Actually, she thinks it's pretty cute, too. But I should really knit this kid something good if I expect to get away with this kind of nonsense.

I'm trying to get my Assemblage cardigan under control before I start my baby garment factory. But I have several patterns all lined up and some of the yarn is already here and I'm having a very hard time NOT casting on. Cuteness...it is hard to resist.

12 Comments:

Blogger cosymakes said...

dude, i know. there are 4 babies due to people i know from june to august. i guess that just means lots of cute cute cute baby knits!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

The onesie is adorable! Happy baby knitting. :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Maryse said...

It's very cute(nice logo!) and you're gonna love having a niece or nephew! It's so much fun to be a aunt!!!

9:29 PM  
Blogger krazybarrister said...

that is just too freakin' cute!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Thea said...

love the onesie! It's pretty perfect even if it isn't a business card, the graphic and the words work great together. Cannot wait to see Assemblage - and have fun w/ the baby knits - gotta love the instant gratification.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Katie M. said...

I know, what is it with the babies? I'm afraid it might be in the water. Eeek! Good luck with all of the cute baby knits -- they're irresistible.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

They seem to come in waves, don't they? I knew of 10 within a 6 month period last year. I made the switch to bottled water right quick!

Love the onesie. Small Bird. Perfect.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh, that is just SO CUTE. Every single person I know is having a baby, too. I hear there's a baby "boomlet" going on.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just talked to my college roomate Shannon last night. She's prego too now! Talk about babies everywhere. :) kku

9:34 AM  
Blogger Elinor said...

Well, you kind of know me and I'm not knocked up, promise. Does that count? Think not. I love the Small Bird onesies though! You should definitely advertise with the under-1 crowd.

1:07 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

aw, congrats on the niecephew! how exciting! and i love that you can put just about anything on a onesie. i can come with some goodies :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Murta said...

Hi!
I'm so pleased to know about those news!
My sister is also pregnant and I'm going to be an aunt, for the first time, in August. Since there are no other babies in the near family, you'll guess the excitement we're living. In the meantime, I'll have my eyes on that list of yours, and already ask for your forgiveness if I end up copying a lot of your ideas.
All the happiness in the world for you and your family.
What a year this is going to be.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home