Monday, July 14, 2008

vintage aqua naugahyde chair

I wish I could just refer to it as "my new chair," but I can't. Because it is SO vintage, SO aqua, and SO naugahyde. And it's making me SO happy. My sister spotted it on Craigslist last week, and it was at an antique/vintage/junk shop about 25 minutes away. I sent the link to juuust the right friend and before I knew it she was tossing me in her minivan and whisking us away to the Middle of Nowhere, where they keep all the good chairs. So a sweet deal on a funky vintage chair accidentally turned into a mini room makeover, but I couldn't help it! I want to do right by the chair. I thought I'd have to ditch my other obnoxiously colored orange vintage chair (yikes), but when I found these pillows on Etsy, I realized they were the answer to all my redecorating prayers. So it all stays. I've already made some small changes since I took this photo this morning, but you can see the whole room, with notes, on Flickr.

Here's to Craig, and his groovy list.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic update to the room! (just checked out the before and after shots on flickr). What a gorgeous chair!!

10:36 PM  
Blogger KC said...

Wow, that chair has really brightened up your already darling place!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

That is one kick ass chair!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

That is one rockin' chair!! I had a vintage black one a while back - it got used until I wore through the vinyl!! It's neat it prompted a whole room makeover!

7:36 AM  
Blogger At Home Mommy Knits said...

That chair is fantastic!! It is so fun to make a find like that.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Thea said...

awesome, totally awesome. I love Craig and his groovy list too. (And I have the big ORANGE chair in my house....)

8:29 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

i really, really love that chair. what a great find.

9:37 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

What a great find. I was in a consignment shop this week and saw these crazy couches that were upholstered in a blue furry fabric that reminded me of Cookie Monster. There were some really great pieces like your chair, too, that had an awesome vintage feel. Fun!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

That chair is AMAZING! And your whole living room looks fabulous!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

That chair looks amazing- the colour is so awesome. What a great find!

- Julie

11:13 AM  
Blogger maitai said...

ummm that is most definitely the most awesome chair i have ever seen, barnone.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Dames said...

Aqua and orange in a neutral room like yours is great. Don't get rid of the orange chair unless you've run out of room. Love that shade of aqua!

12:56 PM  
Blogger erin michelle said...

Oh my god where did that come from?! I LOVE IT. That's my favorite color. I want to like, paint my house Vintage Aqua Naugahyde. Or at least my nails or my kitchen or something.

8:43 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

I WANT THAT CHAIR!!!!

sorry for yelling.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!

12:17 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh wow. i love it.
and with those pillows.....AHH!
can you have a knitting party???
i call the aqua chair!

7:10 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Rockin chair!!! You scored big time!!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

eeeeeeek!!!!!!!! that is one of THE coolest chairs i have EVER seen!! lucky you!!

9:47 PM  
Blogger mary jane said...

How about that chair!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home