Tuesday, June 24, 2008

playing with fire

I've been having some success and much fun working on some new jewelry pieces. I've been firing up the torch every day, and dreaming about jewelry at night. (Seriously.) I tweaked the design of my Cave Earrings ever so slightly by oxidizing the insides, too, and I am sort of totally in love with them, now. I'm not even sure why. I guess they're just "me." I've been wearing mine daily, and this morning a friend told me that "one of my earrings was on backwards and it was really bothering her. " Sigh...when I explained that they were NOT on backward, but that they were concave, she immediately changed her tune and decided she loved them...she's a science teacher. :)

I've also made several more gemstone rings. For now I'm going to be listing them in the shop in a variety of specific sizes, but eventually I'm hoping to be able to make them to size. I'm just not sure I have time in my schedule right now to be able to create custom pieces in a timely manner. And if I can't do it well, I won't do it at all. Soon, though! Summer should free up some serious jewelry making time...

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

you are doing some beautiful, creative work! keep it up!

1:55 PM  
Blogger bjl said...

i'm glad you're doing more gem settings- i love my earrings! i'm probably going to need a pair of those concave earrings too...

3:36 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

totally impressed with your torch skills!
another couple of gorgeous creations!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are totally impressive!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the simplicity of your designs - keep up the good work!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home