Friday, April 11, 2008

baby cable wrap

I thought I was going to be pressed for time with this project, as the recipient turns one year old this week, but knitting this little sweater actually went pretty quickly! Even picking up stitches and knitting the borders and ties was fairly painless. Of course, I procrastinated on seaming it up. And of course, it took no time at all...after I finally made myself sit down and do it. The pattern is from Baby Knits by Lois Daykin and I used 6 balls of Filatura Di Crosa Zara on size 3 and 6 needles for the 18-24 month size. I was so happy to find this pattern and I really love how it turned out. I wouldn't be surprised if I knit this sweater again whenever another one-year-old baby girl crosses my path. However, this is the first baby pattern book I have actually purchased and it really is chock-full of cute stuff, so I might have to try some of the other patterns, first.

(There are a couple more photos on Flickr, which is no longer displaying en Espanol, by the way.)


I've already got new projects on the needles...somehow a hat got started the other night while I was procrastinating on seaming the baby sweater...and there may also be some mittens happening...and a box of Silky Wool just might have arrived on my doorstep this week, too. :)

16 Comments:

Blogger Liz K. said...

The stitch detail along the bottom of the sweater is really pretty!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful FO! I love the mixture of cables and eyelets!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Gorgeous! The pattern is beautiful and I luuurrrv the colour!

3:09 AM  
Blogger robyn said...

the stitch pattern along the bottom is beautiful

this sweater is truly an inspiration!

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so pretty! it looks delicate, but not overly fussy.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Happily Knit said...

awww how cute! Beautiful color :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger knitting harvest said...

Adorable! And a great spring color too!

8:46 AM  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

lucky baby to receive such a pretty sweater!

9:00 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

so pretty! i agree, the stitch pattern is really beautiful.

10:06 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

totally cute cardi! that cable pattern at the bottom is the real winner :)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning! She's going to be beautiful in this. You did amazing!!! You are so inspiring...thanks for being here.
Anne Taylor

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the color... and it looks like the yarn was a perfect match for cables and eyelets. Great job!

3:54 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

it's just darling!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

pretty pretty pretty.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

oh my gosh that is precious!!!!!!!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Is it just me, or would an adult version be rockin' too! I'm not a matchy match type of gal, but if I had a daughter, I'd make one for me, too. Great job!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home