Monday, March 03, 2008

little knits

It's unseasonably warm today. And sunny. And I know it's a total tease, but it gets me all excited for warmer weather, anyway. It's days like this that usually get me thinking about which pretty little springtime garment I'll knit this year, BUT---I never wind up wearing any of those springy little garments I knit. I'm going to try not to get suckered into any of those warm weather patterns this year, but I make no guarantees. The only little knit I want to finish is this Cable Wrap from Baby Knits by Lois Daykin. I wanted to knit something sort of special and sort of chic for a friend's little girl who will be turning 1 in April, and this was exactly what I was looking for. I have already ordered the book and the yarn, and I just realized I'll only have about a month to knit this, so now I'm getting nervous.

Small Bird has been taking up a lot of what used to be my knitting time, but I just completed a bunch of new jewelry pieces this weekend (be on the lookout for new items in the shop over the coming weeks!) so I actually had some time to make some more progress on Patti! Button bands are now complete and the collar is half-finished. The sleeves have to be seamed, the buttons have to be sewn on, and the thing needs a really serious blocking. No photo because the thing looks like a hot mess right now. My goal is to get this one under control before the pattern and yarn arrive for the Baby Cable Lace Wrap. Hurry up, pattern!

10 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

spring/summer knits are so tempting, but like you, I have never worn any I have knit...sigh....I wont' get suckered in this year!! :) Glad the new business is taking off!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

I agree with you and Stacey - I never wear any of the knits I make for spring and I'm totally trying not to get sucked in this year!

11:27 AM  
Blogger The Dollars said...

I'm such the opposite! I live in Florida, so I never end up wearing winter knits. Everything I do has to be short-sleeved.

P.S. That baby sweater is beautiful. Good choice!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wasn't today gorgeous! looking forward to new things in the small bird shop.

cheers!

5:50 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

baby knits are the best.
your jewelry is beautiful!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an adorable baby sweater! I'd say that maybe I'll knit it for my wee one but that probably won't happen. Etsy takes up too much of my knitting time too! It's good though, right?

9:00 PM  
Blogger bjl said...

yesterday was SO nice!


that sweater is adorable- good choice.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

"Lucky" for me, San Francisco summers are as cold as they get, so I get to wear sweaters all year round! (Actually, I'd take the warmer weather over the ability to wear knits during the summer. :) )

I can't wait to see the little wrap! It's going to be so darn cute!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE. Your taste is impeccable.

5:50 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

I hear you about the warm weather knits. Most of the warmer days here in MD are humid - not for knits! I am planning on knitting smaller winter items during the summer.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home