Thursday, March 20, 2008

knotted baby hat

I knit a baby hat. On Sunday morning. Before brunch, no less. I have to go to a spur-of-the-moment-ish baby shower next week and wanted to give something handknit, but it had to be quick. I had planned on spending all my knitting time over these next few weeks working on the Baby Cable Wrap for this other baby I know, but then this baby shower suddenly showed up right out of the clear blue sky! So I found this simple, but cute hat pattern on Ravelry and cranked it out in just about two hours. I used half a skein or so of Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora on size 6 needles in a dark olive green (don't worry, it's a boy bun in the oven) and I'm knitting some booties to match.

9 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Oh so cute! Don't you love baby knits?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

That is soooo adorable!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just whipped up a little beanie/bootie set myself! Don't you love how quick (and gratifying) baby knits are? So cute and so much fun! I love that color, too!

11:45 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

Oh no! I hope I didn't give you the baby hat bug! I can't even look at a skein of yarn without immediately knitting about a squillion baby hats out of it (no kidding I've made 7 since Saturday.) I'm sure the people over at Hats of Alex are wondering what the hell else I spend my time doing!

Love this pattern and the colour! May have to follow your lead and try this pattern too!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's adorable! I really wish there were more babies in my life to knit for.

12:10 AM  
Blogger The Dollars said...

That turned out really cute! Another fast baby knit is the Baby Bolero out of One Skein. It's one of my favorites!

2:44 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

ADORABLE! and no better baby gift than the handmade ones!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Way cute.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! Such fast little projects but so appreciated!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home