Sunday, March 09, 2008

almost there...

Patti is blocking. Michelle asked me at knitting club the other night if I thought I would love this cardigan. My response was, "I think, maybe..." Of course I hadn't so much as thrown the unblocked pieces over my shoulders to try to get an idea of how it would fit. I had done WAY too much stockinette to get all disappointed right before seaming it all up, and I was too nervous to even check. So I figured it'll be what it'll be, and pressed onward. After a seaming marathon last night I tried it on and I don't want to speak too soon and say that it fit perfectly...but...

We'll see.

I'm just glad to finally have Patti practically finished so that I can now focus my attention on the Baby Cable Wrap. The color of the yarn is exactly what I was hoping for! I ordered Filatura Di Crosa Zara in what I believe is their cotton candy colorway. It's sort of purpley-pinkish and very pretty, but not too, too pastel. I have to get this one done in a few weeks, so it's back to the knitting needles for the rest of this afternoon!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Patti is looking Fantabulous!! Can't wait to see her on!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Happily Knit said...

Oh how exciting!!! I bought the yarn for Patti back in December, but know how huge a project it is. Congratulations on yours being 98.76% done! Can't wait to see :)

4:39 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

oooh, i'm hoping for the best for patti!

9:33 PM  
Blogger kelli ann said...

oh i'm excited to see your patti! i love this on ravelry, but am always scared of knitting it myself since the finished product in it's booklet looks so... wide. please try it on soon! i have complete faith in your knitting.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very lovely! I hope it fits exactly the way you want. Pictures, pretty please?!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

very exciting! waiting for a modeled pic.....

8:27 AM  
Blogger margaux said...

jenna that patti is coming out so lovely! i cannot wait to see it on!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

i am so looking forward to seeing patti on............she looks SO cute!

9:34 AM  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

ooo dry faster! - it looks like it's going to be so cute!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

There is no way that Patti will NOT look adorable on. I can't wait to see!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

I love the cardigan....it is looking very pretty on the blocking board! can't wait to see it on.

5:15 PM  
Blogger bjl said...

ooh it looks super cute on your floor- can't wait to see it in action.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Patti looks completely fabulous & I hope you are in love when it's done blocking! We all know what a scary process that can be sometimes. :)

12:08 PM  
Blogger lomester said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for Patti. I am sure it will be fantastic.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks hot put it on i wanna see!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home