Monday, February 18, 2008

floppy hat

I finished my floppy hat yesterday. It was a simple hat that should have taken me a couple days, but I worked on it quite spurratically, so two days turned into, um...a month. I was so excited to finally have a finished object, that when I got home from the gym today I immediately decided to take some pictures of myself! Oh, brother. What a dumb idea. I blame the endorphins. So you're only getting one photo, the cream of the crop...red face, braids, and all. Yikes. But the hat, at least, is kinda cute. And if we ever get some decent snow (don't yell at me, you snow-haters) this floppy hat will be perfect for snowshoeing! The Malabrigo Worsted is nice and soft and warm and I knit about 9" before decreasing for the crown, so the hat definitely covers my ears. I used size 8's and cast on 100 stitches, but I probably should have used about 88. I think I would have preferred it to fit just a bit snugger, but at least there will be lower risk of Hat Head this way. Thanks to Leslie for the inspiration!

Oh, and Kristen, Hilary, Jane, and Mary said I made their day! :) Aw, shucks! Thank you! I'm supposed to name ten bloggers, but I'm going to give you six, and count the knitters who tagged me as my other four, because they make my day, too! Although most of these ladies have already been tagged, my floppy hat is off to:

cosymakes
geeyouknit!
knitting school dropout
luxe loops
tentenknits
{by elin}

18 Comments:

Blogger Smellyann said...

The hat is very cute, and so are you. I'm a new reader, are we supposed to tell you you make our day(s)?

6:08 PM  
Blogger cosymakes said...

i've been all about big old hats lately and yours is super duper cute.
and hey, thanks for the charming mention...

p.s. no snow shoeing here either :(

6:55 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

very cute! such a simple design but the extra floppiness really makes it.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a super cute hat, jenna!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hat is super cute!

And thanks for making my day!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Terhi said...

Ooooo, that hat is just perfection! I want one too!

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, jenna!


i'm just crazy about this hat! you look so cute in it.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

super amazingly cute!!!!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You've received the "You Make My Day Award!"

That hat is AWESOME? Any chance of a pattern?

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Both the hat and you look adorable - post-gym or not!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute hat! It looks so warm and soft. I wish I could touch it through the computer.

12:50 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

you look super cute in you floppy!~!!!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Very cute jenna.i am also sad we have no snow, but it doesnt stop me from knitting hats! i just started a blog(i know it needs help,patience)and have posted my latest hat! see you at knit night
michelle

12:42 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh ya, its knit1adventure2.blogspot
michelle

12:43 PM  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

Cute as can be! I hope you're getting the snow that little hat deserves.

If you're digging the Malabrigo, come check out the Malabrigo Junkies group on Ravelry. There are about a dozen KALs starting up for "Malabrigo March," and 5 of the KALs are hats.

11:27 AM  
Blogger ElizBeans said...

that hat is super cute! the color looks great on you. :)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Nifty hat! And you look fine. Not sure what you mean by red-faced. Ido see the braids, but that's jsut practical, right? Very nice.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

That hat is so cute and so cute on you! I'm going to have to put this on my 'must knit list'!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home