Monday, December 31, 2007

christmas wrap-up...so to speak...

All the knitted Christmas gifts were a success! Everything fit and everyone liked (or did a really good job of pretending to like) their handknit items. My sisters were surprised by their slouchy hats, even though I thought Flickr might have ruined it, my brother-in-law has already worn his Utopia hat out in public, my dad has been raving about his java jackets, and his thrummed mittens did fit, although he refuses to wear them to snowblow the driveway, as I suggested. The Lucy in the Sky Cardigan should see some action after New Year's Resolutions kick into high gear. Apparently it does fit, but not exactly the way the recipient would like. Meh. You know how chicks are.

I finished my grandmother's cabled gloves in the nick of time. This pattern was from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2007, and I used Rowan Cashsoft DK in misty gray. Although, she also expressed concern over actually wearing them, after she noticed that they contained something like 10% cashmere. She's old skool. :)
All the sitting around doing nothing except watching Seasons 1 and 2 of Lost over Christmas vacation gave me a good head start on my first big project of 2008, but that's another post for another time.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful gloves!
Happy New Year!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

whoa, those gloves are STUNNING.

happy new year to you and yours!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Lurker here... The gloves are truly lovely! I aspire to reach your level of knitting some day.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Those gloves are beautiful!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

Gorgeous gloves! Glad to hear you hard work on all the Christmas gifts was well appreciated! Happy New Year!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Beautiful! Happy New Year!

1:47 PM  
Blogger soknitpicky said...

Oh, those gloves are so beautiful! Congrats on all you successful gift giving, and happy new year!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

I'm glad to hear the holiday knitting went over well! Boo for reworking sweaters but I know how that goes. Happy new year!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so want those gloves!! They are just gorgeous. Well done with your Christmas knitting success and here's to a another great knitting year....from a former lurker!

1:43 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

beautiful gloves! i'm sure your grandmother loves them!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Zia said...

They are simply gorgeous!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Happy New Year! The gloves are lovely - I hope your grandma gives in and wears them without worry : ) You made such nice gifts for everyone... bravo!

12:58 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

totally gorgeous gloves! you must put those in ravelry so that i can queue and fave them :) happy new year!

10:50 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

The gloves are so nice! Can't wait to see your big project of 08. I just picked out one for me, too. It really is a big one (almost 2000 yards worth)!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Windansea said...

Gorgeous gloves!

1:59 PM  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

Old skool. :)

May she wear them in good health! They are lovely.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Happily Knit said...

Those gloves are lovely! I laughed when I read about the cashmere...too funny :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger MaryjoO said...

I just found your blog -- love the gloves. So elegant! MaryjoO

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home