Friday, November 02, 2007

good evening

Good things kept happening yesterday evening...

First, I was thinking about my next selfish knit and was trying to decide between Patti and the Gathered Pullover from Interweave Winter 2007. The descision was made for me when I accidentally found Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool on closeout at Webs for $3.49 a ball, which, let's face it, is practically free. That's what I figured I'd use for Patti anyway, so I bought 9 balls of dark brown and ordered the pattern and I am telling myself (sternly) that I will NOT be casting on until the Christmas gifts are finished!


Then I checked on my Etsy shop and saw that a whole slew of people had added me to their favorites and I thought: hmm...that's curious. And lo and behold one of my necklaces was in someone's Treasury on the Etsy home page! And then the necklace sold about 8 minutes later. That was a whirlwind of excitement (for me). :)
And then I headed off to knitting club. Just when I thought knitting club might be fizzling...some of my favorite knitters and a couple new knitters showed up at the bar and it was very, very fun and restored my faith in knitting club. While at knitting club, I worked on a Swatch Bangle. I need to add to my Christmas queue like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't resist trying these! I bought some ugly bangle bracelets on eBay and I'm in the process of covering them with cabley goodness for my loved ones...whether they like it or not.

I wish all Thursdays were this pleasant!

12 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

That necklace is lovely! Is it PMC? I want to try that stuff.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna,

well, every time you write in your blog is a happy day for me :-) And I love telling you this from time to time and hope this makes your day a tiny little bit into a pleasant day.

4:14 AM  
Blogger bjl said...

i had a hard time not buying that necklace myself, when i bought liz's bracelet. love!

7:32 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

Yep, that's PMC. It's so much fun to work with!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Smuddpie said...

What fun. Congratulations on all the etsy exposure. I've been looking at some of your necklaces for a while. Someday...I love etsy--much more dangerous for me than eBay.

I didn't even know you could buy patterns singly from Rowan. Unfortunately I can't get Juno that way. Are you a Rowan member? http://knitrowan.com/html/members_benefits.asp
I'm wondering about that....

3:20 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

No, I'm not a member, so I'm not much help!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

That's a pretty necklace! I got all excited about the Silky Wool sale but when I went to WEBS they only had 1 color and it's not what I'd want. :( Those knitted bangles are cool.

7:34 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh....i just SO love your projects!
patti is so beautiful! now i want to make it, and i think i may have to make a bangle today!!!! i adore those!

congrats on the etsy doing so well...i love all of your pieces.

10:12 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Congrats on a great day, particularly the etsy exposure - how exciting for you.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

I've got you listed as a favourite shop on my etsy!!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Ha ha -- I like that $3.49 is practically free :) Yes, it's a great price for silky wool.

And congrats on your Etsy sale. I find Etsy such a jungle to wade through and do go by recommendations from others.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

congrats on the Etsy fame!!!! You deserve it!!!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home