Saturday, October 27, 2007

8 things

I was tagged by Another Shopgirl! The Rules: once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.

And since I don't have much in the way of knitting to blog about anyway, here are 8 random things about me:

1. I am the oldest of three. And if you look up the personality traits of a first-born, that's me all over. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

2. I don't do scary. I don't do scary movies, haunted houses, masks, even upside-down roller coasters. Scary is not for me.

3. I forget birthdays. If you didn't reserve your spot in the remembering-birthdays-portion of my brain before 1996, don't look for your card in the mail because I guarantee I didn't send one. I will probably call you a couple days later.

4. I've always been artistic, and almost became an illustrator/graphic designer. I considered changing my major in college and actually did an internship in graphic design, but in the end, I went a slightly different route.

5. I've never had glasses, braces, or broken bones...but I desperately wanted all three when I was little.

6. I hate those individually wrapped moist towelettes. I hate everything about them. I suppose there are certain times (in the wilderness) when they might be of use, but in regular civilization, I would rather walk to the restroom surgeon-style with my chicken wing covered hands in the air to use actual soap and water then use a Wet-Nap. I just hate them. They are so gross to me.

7. I always sneeze three times. Two little and one big.

8. I can't read the words "infrared," "segue," or "flatiron." I'm a pretty smart cookie, and I do know what these words are, but they always take an extra second to register. Let's just say that if I came across these words while reading aloud, my audience would be in for a treat.

I'm tagging Olga, Tracy, Stacey, Melissa, Erin, Elinor, Schrodinger, and Amanda.

12 Comments:

Blogger a friend to knit with said...

love the three sneeze thing! must be soo cute! :)
i'm with you on the wet naps.....even the smell makes me sick.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

What a great list! it actually seems we have a lot in common ;) I am the oldest of three too, and I have been told that that shows! ...and how funny is that? I always wanted a broken bone too so that I could have a cast... still no breaks (but now, I don't really want one!)

1:01 PM  
Blogger moosie said...

My dad always told me that if i sneezed 3 times it was good luck!!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Segue" sends me around the bend because I am convinced that originally it was a single-syllable word like "fugue".
Gillian

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

No scary for me either. It drives my husband nuts as he loves scary stuff!

My sister had braces and glasses when we were kids. I had neither! (I do have contacts now...)

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a funny list. My mother has the same problem with "miniseries." She just can't get it.

And I agree on the wet naps. Even the words are gross.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your list!
those little moist towelettes make me gag, seriously. i can't stand that feeling on my hands.
i'm the oldest child too. though i like to think i've avoided my first born destiny, most of the characteristics fit me perfectly.

thanks for tagging me, i'll put up my list very soon

12:19 PM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

I totally hear you on that moist towelette thing- I'm weird about small pieces of paper and sugar packets. I'm completely grossed out and I have no idea why! - Julie

5:28 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Great list! Sneezing 3 times is great, at least you'll know when you're done. Love the words too - it actually took me ages to read that sentence. I did a random things meme a while back, I don't know how original I will be with a new one - but if I can think of more I'll get them posted. Thanks for the tag :) Nice to be thought of.

PS I totally have the utopia hat on the needles right now, you've inspired me.

12:00 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

i sneeze three times, too, and i also hate all things scary. i'm so angry that every damn year they make a "saw" movie. those commercials really mess me up!

11:33 PM  
Blogger shopgirl said...

ha! I never remember birthdays either! And I'm the youngest of 3 siblings and totally assume those expectations...weird.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home