Thursday, August 16, 2007

gretel

Ysolda posted a pattern update, and my Gretel beret is finished! (More pictures on Flickr and Ravelry.) I knit the "slouchy" version, and I'm quite happy with it. Ysolda gave this hat just the right amount of slouch, and I love the all-over lattice cable pattern. Although the pattern calls for 230 yards of worsted weight yarn, I got away with one skein of Cascade 220, in heathered gray. Even though I checked my gauge, I wish the brim was just a teensy bit tighter. However, I may just knit this pattern again, so perhaps I'll go down a needle size or two. I see myself getting a lot of use out of this hat when the cooler weather finally hits, but I'm in no rush! :)

P.S. Anyone know what I need to do to get my blog banner to stretch all the way across my page?
P.P.S. I changed the dimensions like Ann said. (Thanks Ann!) It looks great in the Blogger preview, but it's shifted to the right on the real live internet...any more suggestions?

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute beret! perfect for fall.

for the banner - look for the bit of source code where you input your banner image URL, and make sure that the dimensions are correct (your banner on flickr is 899x172, but your source code is shrinking it to 630x121.

hope that helps!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Your hat is AWESOME! And you look adorable in it. I would look like a giant ogre with a tiny plate on its head (I have an enormous head.)

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It is great to see a fabulous knit, and even moreso when it looks fabulous on the wearer! You look ready to grace the cover of any fall magazine.

5:35 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

woo-eee! that sure is one cute beret!

5:56 PM  
Blogger KC said...

Beautful, beautiful, beautiful!

5:57 PM  
Blogger margaux said...

that is a beautiful beret! i really like the pattern... going on the "queue" ;-)

7:17 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Nicely done! And it looks great on.

7:27 PM  
Blogger elizabeth marley said...

You hat looks great!

I think that blogger will force your banner to go wherever it wants to. It's the blogger!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice beret! It's just perfect for you.

8:12 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

very cute! i think that this one will definitely go in my ravelry queue (although when i will actually get to half the things in my ravelry queue is yet to be determined.)

if you're still having blog banner issues, let me know. i can help.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Too cute. I think my daughter and I will need some matching ones!

Is the Cascade 220 a little itchy against your forehead?

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was fast! nice job!

i love that it covers your ears without being all up in your eyes.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Your Gretel beret is just lovely -- great job! I'm not sure how I would look in a beret, but I think I'm going to have to make one (love those cables!)...

1:09 AM  
Blogger Eatsruns said...

Looks fantastic! I think I'll make one!

2:35 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Super cute beret!!!!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Great hat. I've only seen it in gray so far, but it looks so nice in gray, I'm not sure I would want it in another color anyway!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

So pretty!

7:48 AM  
Blogger lomester said...

Adorable beret! I must make it.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Jenya said...

So cute! I made one and wove 2 lengths of thread weight elastic on the inside of the brim - perfect thing if you want it a bit more snug.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Meredith said...

Hey the link to the pattern didn't work for me! I wanted to cry. I realize this is a kind of old post, but is there any way you can post the pattern again?

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home