Friday, July 06, 2007

boo.

Well, in light of my one year blogiversary, it makes sense that I'd enter my Terrible Two's all angry and frustrated and wanting to throw things. Stupid ruffled surplice. Thank you so much for all of your fantastic suggestions! I guess I could fix some of the problems if I really wanted to, but I think there's just too much wrong with this pattern. I can already tell I wouldn't wear it very much, so I think I'll be ripping this one. There are a lot of cut ends, but I may be able to salvage some of the yarn for some kind of smaller project. I'm also trying to see this as a learning experience... Lesson #1: Size 8 needles are just too big for something that's supposed to be a rather delicate style. (Although I thought I already learned that lesson once...or twice.) Lesson #2: I am too old to wear ruffles.

So I ordered yarn for my next big project. Model 509, from Gedifra Highlights 033. I'll be using Rowan Cashsoft DK in misty gray and I have high hopes for this one! I don't know if I'll be ready to dive right in when the yarn gets here or not. If not, I'll continue to occupy myself with the Summertime Tunic.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

Oooh, dive right in!
That is gorgeous!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

that is too bad about surplice - but if you wont' wear it, you may as well frog it....

love that new grey cabled number! it reminds me of a Rebecca pattern, but I really like how the cables change partways down....

1:31 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

That is one darned beautiful sweater. And I love Rowan Cashsoft. :) If I could, I think I might just make a dozen sweaters out of that yarn... Good choice!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That looks lovely! It's hard to let something go, but sometimes it's just necessary.

1:40 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Happy Blogiversary to you.

I love that sweater - I have high hopes for it too :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger soknitpicky said...

Happy blogiversary! Too bad about the wrap sweater, but better to let it go if you really don't think you'll wear it. As for your next pick, great choice! Can't wait to see it.

2:53 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Happy Blogversary!

Love the new Gedifra design. That will look fantastic on you! And Cashsoft is lovely to work with.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on the big needles lesson. And your new project is going to be gorgeous on you!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I agree. If you're not going to wear it, then frog it and do something else with the yarn.

I think it's less about being "too old for ruffles" and more about ruffles just creating a very particular sense of style that is not for all of us. I have a friend coming over later today to take a look at a top with ruffles that I got last weekend, and am not sure about. But I'm not sure if I'm not sure about it because it's ruffles and it's a new thing for me to wear (as an adult) or if it's because it looks bad. :) We'll find out!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Poopies. Sorry about the Ruffled Surplice. You'll find a good use for the yarn, I'm quite certain.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Cashsoft DK is going to make such a yummy sweater. I'm making a baby hat with it right now and it is heaven to knit with. Can't wait to see it.

9:15 PM  
Blogger tess said...

i love this sweater! I have been looking to buy the book for a while now but cannot find in anywhere! Do you know where I can get a copy?

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home