Friday, May 11, 2007

summer knitting?

I've had to restart the second front panel of the Ruffled Surplice twice, now, and the jewelry making is really taking up most of my crafting time nowadays, but I'm already looking ahead to my next knit, because I am a craft addict and possibly a glutton for craft punishment. I intended to knit Butterfly this summer, but...(sigh)...all that thinking...I just don't feel up to it right now. I looked at the Interweave Knits preview online, and my favorite pattern happened to be the Summertime Tunic, which happened to be one of their free ones! I don't lovelovelove this tunic, but I like it 7-balls-of-Elann-yarn worth. So I ordered some Elann Sonata in "Grand Canyon," which is exactly where I may wind up knitting this! How could I resist?

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

I'm tempted by this one too - simple, wearable....a great summer knit!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Maryann said...

Oh, this one was the only one that jumped at me too... (therefore I ended up not getting the IK this time ;op) and I've been loosely thinking of a matching stole or something....

3:23 PM  
Blogger erin michelle said...

that's pretty cute maybe we should have a long distance tunicalong?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kessa said...

I've been thinking about making the tunic too. It's cute and simple; perfect for summer

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is cute- i think the low "belt" makes it.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks very "wearable" - I think it would look lovely in that reddish color you chose!

8:41 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Oh, I love this one sooo much!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Vouray said...

Cute as a button knit...I'm always drawn to the simple ones, then 750 hours of stockinette later...

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I divide my time up with jewelry crafting and knitting as well. When I devote time to one, I feel guilty for not finishing the other.

Cheers.

-chris

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home