Tuesday, April 17, 2007

make room

Now that I've got a couple more projects off the needles, I've made room in the knitting basket for newer knits! I began the Ruffled Surplice while travelling last week and I've finished the back and about half of one of the front panels. I love the color of the Rowan Cotton Rope, but it's not the most fun to knit with. Since it's 55% cotton and 45% acrylic, I thought it might have a little more "give" than another cotton yarn. But after a while, the process feels more like beating the yarn into submission rather than knitting and purling. It's a bit stressful on the hands... wrists... elbows... or maybe I just knit too much. I'm also knitting on size 8's, and the ball band suggests size 10 needles, which could be adding to the problem. But I got gauge, and I really can't imagine this yarn on size 10's, anyway.

Now---scoot over and make room on the bandwagon, 'cause I got this the other day:


I've already started on the Shopping Tunic using Twinkle Soft Chunky in "urchin." I'm skeptical about how this sweater will actually look on me, but it's fun to have something knit up so quickly!

8 Comments:

Blogger erin michelle said...

No joke!!!! You kill me, Jenna. I likies.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

If my Best Friend Cardigan turns out to be shite, (and it's looking like it's heading that way) I was thinking of doing the shopping tunic...

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can wait to see your shopping tunic, I'm thinking of making it as well, but just afraid the bulky yarn will make me look fat..by the way your lace hoodie are beautiful!! I like the 3/4 sleeve your done .

11:05 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Mmm, that new yarn is a gorgeous color. I like that pattern too. I saw a finished one on Flickr and really admired it. I could never get away with it, so I will live vicariously :)

Good for you for clearing off the needles. I really need to do that...

10:37 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

wow - that is some chunky yarn - the color is amazing though - beautiful!!!!!

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chunky yarns and thus chunky sweaters are just not meant for my body. So I will be happy for you with your quick to knit cute tunic sweater.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I'm anxious to hear what you think of both the Twinkle yarn and pattern. I love Big City Knits, but am not sure how the patterns would look on me. I'm looking forward to seeing both the Shopping Tunic and the Ruffled Surplice!

8:43 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

just saw your shopping tunic photos on flickr and LOVE THEM. you also have to tell us where you found those shoes!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home