Friday, April 27, 2007

arts & crafts

Boy, I hope the blocking fairies come in the night and turn this into something nice...

This is only one of the front pieces of the Ruffled Surplice. It would be coming together more quickly if I hadn't started other craft projects. I've been experimenting with jewelry making using a few different materials: polymer clay, photo transfers, shrink plastic, glass, wire...but I'm still experimenting. I set up an Etsy shop, in the hopes that this might turn into a fun little business venture, but since I'm still in the experimental stage, the shop is pretty weak. I did, however, go buck wild craft crazy and ordered an approximate pantload of supplies including a hot pot kiln for precious metal clay! I can't wait for them to get here. I think about that little kiln every day. I haven't been this excited since I learned how to cable without a cable needle!

4 Comments:

Blogger seedless grape said...

Oooh--I can't wait to see your non-knitty crafty endeavors! I am pretty enthusiastic about all crafts, but I have absolutely zero know-how about anything other than knitting. So I'm very interested to see what you're cooking up. Let us know when the Etsy shop is fully stocked!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

oooh - what a neat idea! is it really a kiln that works like a hot pot??? I used to LOVE pottery class as a kid - the amazing transformation was just the best thing ever!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I love the pendant you made. I would certainly buy that! Can't wait to see the other things you make.

9:52 AM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

jenna, is the ruffled surplice the one that was on the cover of knits? i bet it's gonna be dreamy! your etsy work is great...what fun to expand your creativity to new materials! thank god we don't have to bake our yarn, though.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home