Wednesday, January 17, 2007

no pattern? no problem!

Actually, me - pattern = disaster. But I'm not currently knitting anything I'm all that excited about (i.e. for myself), so I brazenly decided to whip some yarn out of my meager stash and knit up a hoodie! (I must be going through my Hoodie Phase, since I also have yarn on the way for a lace hoodie from Rebecca 32.) I couldn't find a pattern I liked in any of my books or magazines, so I decided to modify this Craftster pattern. It's not going to be a shrug, since I came out of my Shrug Phase quite some time ago. Instead, I'm knitting top-down using the number of CO stitches, the neckline increases, and the hood instructions from that pattern and modifying the rest. I'm going for short sleeved, full length, zip-up, with cables along the zipper and edge of the hood. So far, so good. I needed a semi-mindless project to take to knitting club anyway!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Wow, there must be a no-pattern disease going around... I just spent all day long knitting up a hot pink lacy shrug from no pattern. Of course I tried it on an hour ago and it doesn't fit. ffffffrrrrrrrrrrog time. again.

The hoodie idea sounds supa-cute btw. What yarn are you using?

6:59 PM  
Blogger krazybarrister said...

when you become a famous knitwear designer, i can say i knew you when... please don't forget us little folk! ;)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

how adorable! That pattern should be nice to make into a full sweater - not too bad! yay for you for making up your own!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

That's a great craftster pattern. I think your version will look great. Craftster has some fabulous stuff but is hard to sift through somethines! Thanks for linking to that pattern.

I love your cabled yoke pullover! It's gorgeous!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoodies Rock!! I have three hoodies in the works, I'm ashamed to admit. Two are just waiting to be finished...
I love your shade of blue.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home