Monday, December 04, 2006

empty needles...?!

Since I'm weaving in ends on dad's sweater, that means I am pretty much DONE with my Holiday Knitting! Grand total: 1 cabled raglan sweater, 20 Christmas ornaments, 7 votives sleeves, and 1 pair of Fetching gloves. Now that I look at the total, it's not too grand at all, but that's A-ok! Who knows? I might decide to bust out another pair of Fetchings or something. But the important thing is that I don't feel like I have to. I have my Christmas bases covered. However, I realized that I have nothing waiting in the wings! No projects that I'm excited about, anyway. I've decided that Lucy in the Sky cardigan will probably be better off as a gift, and I already have a recipient in mind...for next Christmas. And the socks, eh. That's something I'll continue to work on when I get bored/frustrated with a larger project.

So it's back to the selfish kind of knitting that I find so fulfilling. :) I was browsing the Phildar website last night and came across this cabled yoke sweater. (I then remembered coveting it when I first saw it in Jess's Future Projects set on Flickr a while ago.) I was even going to go ahead and order the Phildar yarn it called for, something I hardly ever do, until I noticed that the shipping on the yarn alone would be about 30 bucks. Yikes. So some Frog Tree Alpaca in a similar color (I hope) is now on it's way. And of course I will be omitting the superfluous bling on the yoke.

14 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

20 ornaments!? Wow! That is dedication :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Laura B said...

It sounds like a lot to me!

That sweater is so pretty. I came so close to ordering some Phildar yarn too, but was stopped by the shipping cost. Too bad they don't have better supplying to the US. The site's really snazzy, though.

Enjoy your indulgent knitting!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on... the bling is HOTT. =)

Way to go for finishing all your holiday knitting so early! I think I'm going to make some beaded votive sleeves, if I can find my metal needles.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

Superfluous bling, hee! :-) That sweater would be so much prettier without it, I agree. And probably easier to wash.

2:16 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

the bling definitely has to go. i couldn't agree more.. but i just love the yoke on this! those cables are such a great idea :)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Stitchy Witch said...

I love that sweater! Another item for the to do list.

3:17 PM  
Blogger amisha said...

very pretty new sweater... cozy & simple!
i am really impressed with your holiday knitting. it's only the first week of december! this is the kind of advance planning i only dream of...

3:47 PM  
Blogger Madge said...

Congrats on finishing your holiday knits with weeks to spare. Doesn't it feel good?

That sweater is lovely. Sans bling of course. Should be very comfy in the Frog Tree Alpaca.

5:09 PM  
Blogger margaux said...

what ornament pattern did you use? I'd be intersted to make some! And you gotta add the Bling ;-) Love that site!!

5:20 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

i saw this yesterday and also decided that it's adorable save for the sequins. wear your bling in the form of expensive jewelry instead!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

I am so jealous that you're done with your Christmas knitting. JEALOUS!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Wow, December 4th and done with holiday knitting? I'm impressed. I still have lots to do. I love the sweater you've chosen. It will be lovely with or without the superfluous bling.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha- the first thing i thought when i saw the picture was "jenna? sequence? i don't think so."

8:47 AM  
Blogger erin michelle said...

OH COME ON HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THE BLING? WHERES THE LOVE? oh my god do you know how fast i would buy a book called bling knits? chang chang chang. i'm just teasin. it's a lovely sweater, structurally, sans decor : )

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home