Wednesday, October 11, 2006

rip-roaring fun!

So the sleeves were WAY too big. Boo. Looking back at the picture of the sweater blocking, I can see how big they are. A few people suggested that I "ease them in." Nothin' doin'. They were WAY WAY too big. They were of puffy sleeve proportions. I went and saw my grandmother for an emergency sweater intervention and she gave me her advice. She didn't want to tell me to rip it out, but I dragged it out of her. Since I had Monday off, I had myself a sleeve-ripping party. Luckily they didn't take that long to re-knit (as you can see, I also had a little "help") and they are currently blocking...again. I'm hoping to have the sweater done by this weekend because (a) I have no shame and I want to impress my grandmother with it when I see her on Sunday and (b) the meteorologists have started using the "S" word around these parts...you know the one. Time for a cozy sweater.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Did you make any adjustments to the sleeves to make them fit better?

You're pretty fast I must say if they're already blocking!! I can't wait to see the finished fit.

Your kitty is super cute too!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Oh Oscar! I love that kitty.

Cross your fingers that the "s" holds off, considering I'll be living off the land this weekend... :-(

Can't WAIT to see the sweater.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

puffed sleeves! does kate know? seriously, sorry to hear about the sleeve fiasco, but i'm glad to hear (read?) you stuck it out and re-did them. looking forward to seeing the end result.

5:29 PM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

oh nooooooo!!!!!! say it isn't so! you are a much better person than i...i simply cannot imagine ripping something that i already blocked. i would probably have stuffed my arms rather than frog that beauteousness. you are very brave. see ya at javas tomorrow nite!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home