Thursday, October 19, 2006

ego boost

It's so nice to bask in the glow of my finished sweater, and all the compliments you knit bloggers have sent my way! Thanks so much! I do feel pretty proud of what I consider my first really, truly successful sweater. Of course, the sweater is not perfect, but it definitely boosted my confidence. So much so, that I'm putting this Cashmere Lace Blouse on my To Knit list. I received Loop-d-Loop for my birthday this past weekend and it's my favorite pattern in the book. It's knit on size 2 needles, which would require skill and patience that I may not yet posses. But the potential challenges of knitting lace with toothpicks are not quite registering right now, due to my sweater-induced state of euphoria. I'm sure reality will set in presently. In the meantime, I have plenty to keep me busy. Lady Eleanor is coming along nicely and could probably be done soon, except that I tend to start new projects right when I'm nearing the end of others. So I began Lucy in the Sky the other night with Cashmerino Aran in a muted plum color. (I don't care if this stuff is made with dog hair---I got it for 50% off and it's so soft!) I'm not quite through the first repeat of the chart, so I haven't gotten into the rhythm of the pattern yet, but it'll happen, I hope.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Kester said...

I looooove that blouse- it's also on my knit list (in my head of course).

See you tonight!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

I am with you on the starting new projects right when i'm about to finish old ones. I have to force myself to finish usually!

Are you making that blouse out of 100% cashmere? If so...holy crap, dude.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

oh hey BTW I saw you got a bit upset by my comment about Firefox/IE--It was truly meant to be a flippant comment, just joking around. I mean no harm!

11:57 AM  
Blogger jess said...

hey, were you at rhinebeck yesterday? from afar, i saw another lady e just like mine on a redheaded person, and i thought it might have been you!

6:17 PM  
Blogger BrownPants said...

Cashmere Lace Blouse! Go you!

3:37 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

Jess, I only WISH I was at Rhinebeck wearing my Lady Eleanor!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home