Monday, October 16, 2006

cabled turtleneck

I finally finished the cabled turtleneck sweater from Rebecca 28. I began in August and completed it this weekend. I used 14 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky and size 10.75 needles. The only modifications I made were on the sleeves. Since they were too large for the armholes I ripped back and increased only two stitches on each side after the ribbing. I probably could have increased a couple more stitches, but I think the sweater is still very wearable. I was worried about the length of the sweater before I started assembling it, but it actually worked out really well---I wouldn't want it any shorter. I got it done in time to show my grandmother at a family party yesterday, and she gushed, of course. But the best compliment I received was from my sister...who had no idea that I knit it, myself. :)

17 Comments:

Blogger Mary Heather said...

That looks really amazing!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Great fit! You must be so happy to have it finished and looking great.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Saun said...

It looks great and the fit is perfect. I'm glad you were able to show it to your grandmother. That had to feel very rewarding.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks amazing. If I didn't know you knit, I would think that you purchased it from Banana Republic or J Crew. It looks great. Very nice job!

1:31 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that is one gorgeous sweater. i love chunky cashmerino. it must be so comfy!

2:04 PM  
Blogger xyz said...

GORGEOUS!!! You had better freakin WEAR IT!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay- it's loverly!! i hope i'm wrong, but i get the awful feeling you were wearing that friday, and i was too wrapped up in squash to notice. anyway- it's beautiful. nice work!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

magnificent! 'nuff said.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous. Wear it with pride!

10:09 AM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

so have i mentioned how much this sweater reminds me of this:
http://knitlit.blogspot.com/2006/07/balenciaga-cable.html
i would seriously love to borrow that pattern sometime...

7:44 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

I freaking love it- in fact those 12 balls of Debbie Bliss Chunky Cashmerino that I bought during our expedition to Village Yarns are now begging me to be turned into that.

PLEASE wear it Thursday, so I can see it in person! I promise I'll try to refrain from fondling it while you're wearing it.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It does look professional! And you know its all about white knitwear this winter!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

A beautiful knit that looks wonderful on you! Well done!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

wow I love it!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

I really love how the cable curves round the neck - beautiful!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I just started this sweater this weekend! You don't see too many of them completed, so I was glad to find yours! It looks great!!!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger robyn said...

Ive been lurking, that is an amazing sweater, you must have been so proud to finish it.

Definatly going on my 'to knit when not intimidated list'

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home