Monday, September 18, 2006

sick knitting

I wish I could say that my knitting was "sick." As in, mad-wicked-crazy-cool. But I'm the one that's sick. And I'm not very cool, but I do have a cold. The cold hit me hard on the way home from the Finger Lakes Fiber Festival Saturday afternoon. I had never been to a fiber festival before. It was like a yarn mall! I had no idea that we actually have all these small businesses in our area. We pet the yarn and the angora rabbits, and I purchased some alpaca roving that I plan to use for thrummed mittens. Despite the mud and the worms, it was a lovely day! But by that evening, I was sacked out on the couch, just me and my cold and my knitting. I was stuck in the house all weekend, but I made some progress on Lady Eleanor! I also started the second sleeve for the cabled turtleneck. I finished the first one last week, in no time at all. If the entrelac wasn't so much fun, I'd have both sleeves done by now!

10 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

OMG, I can't imagine doing entrelac. So many tiny little pieces!

1:24 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

Mua-ha! Entrelac only looks super tedious and tricky. If you can pick up stitches you can do entrelac. It's the way that the Noro magically pools itself that makes it look extra fancy!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, that's mad-wicked-crazy-cool!

i am sick too - coughing, sniffling ... i think i'm about a half-day behind ya! argh!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack- I hope you feel better soon. We missed you at game night.

I signed up for that finishing class- there are a whole 3 people on the list now!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Jane, I'm two days behind you- blech! Is this some sort of Chicks with Sticks STD??

3:05 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

An STD?!! What DID go on at knitting club last week???

3:30 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

We'll never tell.

P.S. We just made pretty much the same comment over at Carrie's blog. Maybe the STD is controlling our thoughts?

Seriously though, I want to do the stencil-canvas thing at my place- I need your artists eye to help!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is why the chicks are WMFTG, of course.

5:32 PM  
Blogger xyz said...

Man, you guys are getting a little crazy without me around to keep you under control, eh?

What number Noro is that? I'm hoping to start a Lady Elanor soon....and I always think Silk Garden looks so icky sitting there in its skein, so I can never figure out what will look good. My friend is doing one in Noro at the moment as well, in a different number (I want to say 205), that one is gorgeous as well.

10:45 PM  
Blogger xyz said...

Oh hey look you posted the number earlier. Good thing I'm not an English teacher any more, because apparantely I can't read.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home