Monday, September 11, 2006

right(er) yarn

I restarted Lady Eleanor with Noro Silk Garden, using color #82. This yarn shows off the pattern MUCH better, but now I'm questioning my color choice. I didn't want a sudden burst of acid green or something in the middle of the stole, so I played it safe. After going through one skein, it seems to have a little of every color, but there really aren't any colors in there that I'm in love with. I only hope that #82 starts to come together after a few more pattern repeats and that it won't look too dull in the end. I'm still amazed by the entrelac pattern with all it's math and clever construction and simplicity, to boot.

My first sock is still coming along (many thanks to magic loop). I just have to decide if it's long enough. Then knit him a buddy. And I WILL knit a second sock!! Even though I'm less than thrilled with the fit of the sock (word on the street is that it has something to do with knitting a short row heel instead of a heel flap) and what I really want to do is get my hands on some Frog Tree Alpaca and try the Hedera socks instead.

I was drooling over that Frog Tree Alpaca at the yarn store today when I went back for more Debbie Bliss. I did. I caved. I think I may have said something recently about "not being much of a stasher." Well, there goes all that. After I went there last week with Kelly, I haven't been able to get the yarn out of my mind! They're practically giving the stuff away! There are a few rumors as to why the yarn is on sale, but I gotta say, I couldn't care less. After 2 trips downtown, I wound up with 11 balls of Cashmerino Aran for the Lucy in the Sky cardigan, 7 balls of Merino DK for Diamonique, and 2 different balls of Cashmerino Aran for two pairs of the Fetching fingerless gloves. I'm not nearly ready to start either of those sweaters, since I still want to finish the cabled turtleneck first, and I have no reason to make a couple pairs of fingerless gloves since I've got Lady Eleanor and the socks to work on, but some of you more serious yarn addicts may even appreciate my restraint! The Debbie Bliss was everywhere and Noro was on sale too. You should have been there.

Work on the cabled turtleneck has definitely slowed down with all the entrelac and sock knitting and yarn shopping, but I do have a cuff done!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I really like it! I love Noro.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm working on the Lady Eleanor in that same colorway of Noro right now. Gotta love the entrelac, it's so much fun.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

I KNEW you'd cave on the Debbie Bliss!!!!!!!

9:10 AM  
Blogger elizabeth marley said...

So much yarn! I can't wait to see your Lucy In the Sky Cardigan. Good luck on getting that second sock done!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home