Tuesday, September 26, 2006

knitting spot

I've made lots of progress on Lady Eleanor...but it's pretty dull progress. It's more of the same, but just...more. I am, however, really starting to love the Silk Garden. Even though I was underwhelmed by the individual colors in #82, as soon as they started repeating themselves I fell in love with it. I just started the 6th skein (out of 10) so it's getting there. Still looooving the entrelac (or maybe it's the Noro) so I've been working on this one much more than I thought I would.

Laurie at Crazy Aunt Purl is asking her readers to send her pictures of their "knitting spots." So here's mine. I'm usually cross-legged in the middle of the couch. And there's usually yarn everywhere.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Is that an Ikea couch I spot? I have the same one if so. Question for you--how do you keep the seat cushions from sliding out? It seems like whenever anyone sits on our couch that the cushions start slipping forward.

I looooove silk garden too. I really like the color changes.

11:17 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

It is Ikea, indeed. It's not the most comfy thing, is it? But it was the only thing that would fit up the stairs at my previous apartment! Um, I don't seem to have a huge cushion sliding problem... I do have to push them back in every once in a while, but they're pretty well behaved.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to have that couch, with the cushion sliding problem, but as the couch is no longer, no more problem! wish my apartment were so nice and neat that i wouldn't feel embarassed about taking a picture and posting it! ;)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

that's so funny, I just read Laurie's post and then came over and read yours right after.... freaky, huh?

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someday, my house will be as clean as jenna's.... someday.

6:44 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

Ladies, keep in mind that you have no idea what might be just outside the frame...
:)

7:28 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

cute apartment! i love seeing where people knit. i have a different ikea couch -- don't you love the off-white?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home