Thursday, September 14, 2006

homework

I was really making some serious headway on the cabled turtleneck at the end of the summer. I flew through the front and back pieces, even though I wanted to punch the cable chart (because it was stupid) and had to rip back several times (because I couldn't count). Then I got into other stuff (because I have Knitting ADD) and nearly stopped working on this sweater that I used to be so excited about! The only thing I've done to it in nearly 2 weeks is knit one cuff of one sleeve! But this morning I got my supply list and homework assignment for the finishing class I signed up for. (This sweater is the reason I signed up for the class.) My homework is to make 5 small swatches, which I figured I would have to do. But it also sounds like there will be an opportunity to actually seam one of our own projects! This information has lit a fire under me to knit those swatches and finish those sleeves, because if there's one thing better than getting hands-on instruction from a pro, it's having the pro sitting next to you to make sure you don't screw it up on your own.

3 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

If only sweaters could finish themselves! I just seamed a sweater but it needs a little tweaking. A finishing class sounds great!

6:51 PM  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

where are you taking the finishing class? i would love to take a class like that. but i guess that means i actually have to finish something first...

9:39 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

The finishing class is at New York Knits. It's only one night, but it's on a Thursday!! Looking forward to hearing about your design class, Kate!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home