Saturday, September 02, 2006

back to school time

The yarn guy---I mean, the mail carrier came yesterday. And he brought me this:


...9 hanks of Handpainted Yarn bulky wool in Velvet Grapes. The colors are similar to the colors I'm using in my sock, but have a much greater range. Apparently I'm going through a purple phase. I ordered this yarn to make Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. Since I'm so close to finishing the sweater, I thought I'd go ahead and start a brand new project!! It really makes no sense, but it happens every time. As soon as I'm this close to finishing a project, I start spending all my time searching for new patterns and comparing yarns and then casting on for the new thing. I actually did start one of the sleeves for the cabled turtleneck, and it shouldn't take me any longer than a mindless (yet addictive) reality show marathon to finish both of them, so I don't feel too bad starting Lady Eleanor.

Well, I learned magic loop the other night and it Changed My Life. It's absolutely my favorite tricky knitting technique yet. I get what everyone's raving about now and it will definitely result in more socks down the road.

Overall, it was quite a productive summer of knitting for me. I completed the lace panel cardi that I'd had on the needles for a while, finished the Prairie Tunic, knit 2 Odessa hats, learned how to knit socks, and put a big dent in the cabled turtleneck sweater. Unfortunately, I have to resume my position as a responsible, contributing member of society next week. The knitting will slow down, but before that happens I'm going to try to add "Taught Myself Entrelac" to the list!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

That yarn is great!! I have yet to try entrelac.

Magic Loop is great for gloves too BTW. I pretty much never knit socks and I use the technique all the time.

What happens next week? Are you a student too? I started classes this past week :P. At least they are more interesting than Spring Semester was!

1:11 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

Actually, I'm a teacher. I love my summers off!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home