Saturday, August 26, 2006

sizing things up

I think I've finally got a handle on the cabled sweater...but it looks a little long...
I'm trying to decide whether or not to trust the pattern. I know it'll be different after blocking and seaming, and I do like my tops to be a little longer, but I don't want it to look like I should be wearing it with stirrup stretch pants tucked into ankle boots.

After an intense night of struggling with the sock at knitting club, and some kind advice from my fellow knitters, AND referring to this pattern AND this website, I think I have the sock under control, too. Now I'm worried that the ankle will be too tight. But I know the lace pattern will be a bit stretchy. I tried to do some measuring and some math-ish calculations, but I still can't tell if it's going to be too tight or not. I might go up a needle size after the skinny part of the ankle, just to be safe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I'm so happy to see the sweater's working out for you! I hope it's not too long :/

10:44 PM  
Blogger Saun said...

Girl, you know the stretch pants and ankle boots will be back in style soon. You'll just be ahead of the curve. LOL. It's looking good. If the pic is any indication of where it hits you then it's not too long.

1:26 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

wow -- that sweater looks beautiful! i say block it and see what happens. if it's a little long, it will just be cozy. and people are wearing leggings again, which i find alarming ...

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

I think the sweater will be fine- remember, your hips will stretch it out a little. And if you need it stretched out even more, just let my hips take a crack at it.

3:27 PM  
Blogger krazybarrister said...

i heard a nasty rumour that those stretch pants are on their way back in style (gasp!). you could always just start the neck/arm shaping earlier, if you think it's going to be too long, no? (ha! as if i've ever done a sweater! but theoretically, it should work ...)

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home