Tuesday, August 08, 2006

prairie tunic


The Prairie Tunic is complete. I enjoyed knitting this one. I loved the yarn I used: Dale of Norway Stork. It's 100% cotton and very soft. The gauge was small compared to what I usually work with, since I used size 4 needles, but I think it resulted in a more wearable garment. On that note, I'm not sure if I'm thrilled about the way it looks on me. Could be the color, could be the fit, could be the way my hair was all disheveled when I first tried it on. Who knows? But I have a habit of NOT wearing the items I knit. I think I'm starting to make better choices when it comes to patterns, but I have yet to knit something that I'm just dying to wear out in public. Nonetheless, I'll be wearing it to my family picnic this Sunday. The fam is always good for a few oohs and ahhs. Patronizing as it may be, I'll take it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

I like it! I haven't seen this pattern before--I bet it would look cute layered.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great on you! I too have a lot of knits that I don't wear!

12:23 PM  
Blogger krazybarrister said...

wear it for some chicks, and we'll ooh and ah without the patronizing bit, because it's lovely! great job.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home