Thursday, August 10, 2006

on a mission

I'm trying to decide what my next project will be. I still have my lace panel cardigan/jacket to finish, so I'm telling myself I'll do that before I start something brand new. (One sleeve to go, so no excuses!) Although I haven't really worn the Prairie Tunic yet, (still hoping that maybe I'll fall in like with it) I am becoming increasingly determined to knit something that I LOVE. I think I've been making a couple mistakes when choosing patterns. I've found that I'm easily intimidated by certain sweater patterns so I used to wimp out and knit shugs, instead. Turns out, I don't wear shrugs! I think I also need to start considering what types of garments should actually be made out of yarn. Little lacey cami? Eh, maybe not so much. Cabled turtleneck sweater? Now that might make more sense. I purchased Rebecca 28 quite a long time ago, specifically for this cabled turtleneck pattern. The seaming scares the heck out of me, but if I'm very brave, and if I knit it in off-white, I don't see how I could go wrong. (Famous last words...?)

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

That's a really cute pattern!

A few thoughts of advice--

1. Remember a gauge swatch! And block it too if it's not acrylic.

2. "try on" as you go along. Like, does the sleeve wrap around your arm, or is it too big? Is the body the right length from underarm to waist? That kind of thing is really useful.

3. If this is your first major project, odds are you're going to have to redo parts of it to get the fit you want. My first real sweater I had to completely frog and start over. But it was worth it cause now it fits great and I really use it!

I am looking forward to seeing your progress with it!

11:38 AM  
Blogger krazybarrister said...

in response to my own sweater butterflies, a fellow knitter recently told me, "do it!" and btw, LOVE that sweater. may have to join you in that ...

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can TOTALLY knit that sweater.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home