Tuesday, August 15, 2006

new projects

The lace panel jacket/cardigan is blocking, so it's time to get something else on the sticks! It took 2 trips to the yarn store today, but I now have yarn and needles for 2 new projects! I started swatching for the Cabled Turtleneck form Rebecca 28. I decided to use Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky...and just happened to find it for 50% off! I had to order 2 extra balls online, but didn't much care after getting 12 balls of the stuff for FIFTY PERCENT off. I won't be knitting this one during my Thursday night knitting club, lest I spill beer or coffee or rhubarb pie on my soft white yarn, so I needed something else to keep my hands busy. I've been wanting to knit socks---not because they interest me that much, but just to see what all the fuss is about. I do like having a small project going at the same time as a larger one, anyway. I bought some Koigu sock yarn in a dark raspberry colorway, and I think I'm going to try this toe-up pattern .

(Also, after wearing the Prairie Tunic for a solid 6 hours, I think I might kinda like it. I also gave the Razor Cami another night out and I might be digging that one a little more, too. I guess I won't avoid lacey cami patterns altogether...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Ahhhh, I am so glad to see you're doing the cabled turtleneck! Big sweater projects really aren't that scary once you break them down into little pieces. You know your Chicks will be there to help too!

I really need to get to Rochester before Knit n'Purl runs out of Cashmerino... tear.

BTW, I'm moving in in a week!!! Can't wait to get back to Roc...

3:35 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Nice yarn! I heard Village Yarn Shop has some half price cashmerino too.

I like the sock yarn too. I have a similar yarn at home but it got tangled (sob).

4:33 PM  
Blogger krazybarrister said...

sweet deal! looking forward to watching your sweater progress ...

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home