Monday, August 21, 2006

knitting to relax?!

Do people really knit to relax? I think I need a weekend getaway to a place that puts cucumbers on your eyes and I'm only 30 rows into this *&$!#@% sweater! (Grrr...) I fought with the sweater and the math and the yarn and the counting all last night and got nowhere. I finally had to throw the whole mess in the knitting basket and watch the Food Network to take the edge off. This pattern isn't that hard, but the way it's written makes me want to track down Rebecca herself and give her what for! However, with many, many thanks to Jane and Karin for getting me back on track, I think the cabled turtleneck sweater and I have kissed and made up and we look forward to many cozy winter evenings together.

I remember the time (4 days ago) when I thought that knitting socks using the toe-up method was the hardest thing I ever tried. Ha! The sock that I was having such a hard time with might as well have been a garter stitch pot holder compared to that sweater. I started working on both projects simultaneously, and fortunately I had gotten past the toe shaping and the feeling that I was knitting dental floss on toothpicks before I discovered I was in Cable Chart Hell and coming dangerously close to committing fiber abuse. As it turns out, the little sock isn't so bad, and served as a welcome respite from the sweater this week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

The cabling looks awesome! I am glad you got it to work.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Saun said...

I like the color of your Koigu. I very rarely see their solid colors. And I'm glad to see the sweater is coming along. Rebecca patterns are so cute but reading them can make you wonder if it's worth it.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

WHERE did you get solid-color Koigu? Locally? I've been hunting for some forever because I want to make the Embossed Leaves socks from IK, but all I can find is variegated Koigu.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home