Monday, August 07, 2006

knitters in da house

It's a good thing I moved into a more spacious apartment. How else would I have had room for all the knitters that were in here this weekend?! Kelly had the "good fortune" to be my first houseguest...on account of her life exploding. But I happened to have a spare set of keys and an air mattress so she crashed at Casa de Jenna for a couple days. I always claim that I love living alone, but it was really nice to be roommate-y again. (A Lifetime movie may have been involved.) And it was also a great excuse to just fill the entire apartment with knitters and margaritas Friday night! Jane made guacamole and Erin did her part by drinking the baby Coronas I accidentally bought. Plans were made for future yarn-free socializing. I love those knitters.

I finished all the pieces of my Prairie Tunic today! So here's one: Twisted Cord?? Sweet Fancy Moses, I could. not. do it. Just cut 48 feet of yarn, quadruple it, divide it in half, twist each half clockwise, then release your hand so that they twist themselves together...or something. I tried---I really did---but after several episodes of Friends, I ended up with a twisty pile of jack squat. So I started an i-cord. But quickly came to my senses and decided that there was no way on God's green earth that I was knitting 8 feet of i-cord on size 3 needles. So I braided 8 feet of yarn instead. I wished I could have gotten the hang of the twisted cord. Hopefully the braided straps will not look [too] cheesy.

3 Comments:

Blogger krazybarrister said...

the trick to the twisted cord is doing the hokey pokey, then turning yourself around. thanks for being such a loverly hostess on friday. i promise to have y'all over to my place soon ...

12:51 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

I would have chosen braiding over i-cord myself! Your Friday night sounds fun. Hey--you're in Rochester, right? Knit & Purl is selling Cashmerino for half off, best deal I've ever seen!

9:32 AM  
Blogger erin michelle said...

jenna how did i not know you had a blog? duh erin. anyways twisted cord is mean sometimes but you can do it fr sure. seriously! a woman of your many talents (secret blogging, masters-degree-earning, amazing guacamole making) can twist some damn yarn. see you soon, hon xoxox bye

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home