Wednesday, August 30, 2006

i have so much to learn

The front and back pieces of the cabled turtleneck are complete. As soon as I finished them I realized I did the armhole decreases incorrectly. (And I had vowed to be SO meticulous on this one!) Eh, well. It's probably not the end of the world. I obviously had some issues getting going on the back piece, but I completed the front piece pretty quickly due to a Real Housewives of Orange County marathon on Bravo yesterday afternoon. (I'm not bragging, I'm shamefully confessing.) I just have the sleeves left, which should be pretty straightforward, but I'm planning on taking a finishing workshop before I try to seam this thing. Seaming is something I've had little experience with, and even less success with. There's a session on October 5th at one of the yarn shops that I think I'm going to sign up for.

I think my tight sock problem has been resolved by going up a needle size, and one of the Chicks with Sticks has offered to give a magic loop mini-lesson at knitting club Thursday night. Hopefully I'll like the magic loop method and my sock will be well on its way to becoming sockS.

The UPS delivery person, who I accidentally referred to as "the yarn guy" in front of my sister (Yipe. I might have a problem.) is supposed to be arriving any day with my shipment from Handpainted Yarn. I ordered some handspun bulky wool in reds and purples which will hopefully become Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. Now...just gotta learn entrelac...

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Oh, I love magic loop! It's so useful.

I am really impressed how fast you knit up that sweater too!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I can tell you that entrelac is much easier than cables or socks
:-)

11:15 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

i absolutely adore magic loop. and the sweater looks great so far!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home