Monday, August 28, 2006

cankles

I've definitely got my share of body image issues, but I never worried about my ankles...until now. I was concerned that my sock was going to be too tight, so I put it on a piece of scrap yarn to try it on. It's too tight. Here you can see the lace pattern stretched within an inch of its life:


I took it down to my LYS (who told me to "come back if I had trouble with the sock") and explained the problem. When I told them it was too tight around the ankle, their response was, "it shouldn't be."

I decided to try going up a needle size around my gigantic cankles. It cost me a new pair of dpn's, but I figure it's cheaper than reconstructive ankle surgery.

3 Comments:

Blogger xyz said...

Which store did you go to? If it's a certain LYS whose name shall not be mentioned, I'd be surprised they didn't tell you the problem was you and your ankles were too fat. Or you weren't using expensive enough yarn.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Kelly Kester said...

Cankles! Cankles!

(I'm sorry, I find that hilarious...I really do sympathize though.)

Cankles!

8:06 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

Indeed, it was the LYS That Shall Not Be Mentioned! They somehow have not burned their bridge with me yet...

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home