Friday, July 28, 2006

pura vida

My trip to Costa Rica was absolutely incredible. I saw a volcano, soaked in the hot springs, witnessed Tico karaoke, spoke broken Spanish, stood inside a strangler fig tree, zip lined through the jungle, hiked through the cloud forest, stayed in REALLY nice hostels, met lots of interesting people, kayaked through the mangroves, fed the spider monkeys, swam in the Pacific Ocean, ate gallo pinto, arroz con pollo, ceviche, casados, pico de gallo, cerveza, sangria, some weird koosh-ball-looking fruit, and all the avacados I could get my hands on! Saw tucans, a tarantula, glow in the dark mushrooms, a side-striped palm pit viper, frogs, iguanas, hummingbirds, white ibis, Jesus Christ lizards, crocodiles, crabs, sloths, and spider monkeys. And all this with a 33 pound backpack on my shoulders. The country was so beautiful and diverse and friendly. I can't imagine taking a more perfect trip.

And there was knitting! I completed 2 Odessas, one for each of my dear travel buddies. Here's Odessa #2 looking out the airplane window, waving goodbye to Costa Rica.

Pura Vida!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

That trip sounds awesome! Especially the food...did you bring back any recipes?

And that's a nice looking Odessa too!

3:48 PM  
Blogger jenna said...

I did bring back some recipes!
...but then I remembered I don't really cook. Maybe I'll be inspired now.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home