Monday, July 31, 2006

the fruits of my labor

I started a new project this summer: container gardening. I include this bit of information only because I was inspired to try container gardening by a chick in my knitting club! Here she is, my first tomato! My chili peppers are growing like crazy, but I can't remember if they're supposed to turn red or not. And I've got one pot of green peppers that are doing very well and one pot...eh, not so much. In short, I have no idea what I'm doing. But both the tomato and the chili pepper (ripe or not) made it into a serious batch of guacamole this past weekend. And it was good.

While I'm not tending to the mini farm in my backyard, I've been sittting and sweating and working on the Prairie Tunic. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm going to try to finish it soon so that I can wear it to a family picnic I've got coming up. Honestly, I just really want to show it off to my grandmother, who taught me how to knit. :) But motivation is motivation, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

Those tomatoes look awesome! Container gardening is such a cool idea. I like your sweater too.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

Lucky you! None of my tomatoes are ripe yet but I do have peppers and beans and squash that are ready for eating. I'm glad you had fun in Conta Rica. I was in El Salvador at the same time and it was a fabulous trip too! I love Central America!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home