Thursday, July 13, 2006

descisions, descisions...

In between packing, trip planning, maid of honoring, more packing, moving, unpacking, rearranging, and settling into the new apartment, I've been considering my elusive Perfect Travel Knitting Project. I'll probably try the Fetching pattern eventually, but for travel, I think anything on dpn's is going to be too much of a pain in the neck. I need something I can pick up for a few stitches or rows and then stuff it back in my backpack without having to worry about it slipping off the needles or losing my place in the pattern. I think Odessa is my answer. I started one a while ago, but haven't finished it yet. I like the pattern and I have another ball of yarn to use for a second Odessa in case I need it!
I found a few minutes to fix the straps on my Razor Cami and took her out to socialize with the girls Monday evening. As it turns out, Razor Cami loves bellinis! And caprese salad..and beer bread...and hummus...and zucchini squares...and monkey bread...and artichoke bake...
Yikes. Good thing she's stretchy!!

3 Comments:

Blogger knitlit kate said...

mmmmmm, bellinis...now that's what you should really be taking along in that backpack, missy.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

That razor cami looks really cute--I need to make that one of these days. How long's your backpacking trip for?

One of these days I'd like to drop in on Chicks with Sticks (I grew up in Rochester and go back to visit fairly often).

11:12 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

I'll be in CR for a week, but I think I have to drink rum there, Kate. Karin, you should definitely stop by and knit with us next time you're in Rochester!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home